You know how you just wake up in the middle of the night and the answer to your problem just appears? I am going to give that sleep messenger a name, Clarity. I had been pondering a challenge in my life, and Clarity awakened me at 3 am, offering me truth. I think it is because we are not consciously activating our brains when sleeping, so our hearts can creatively and fully speak to us. During the day, our minds get filled with so much information, that we forget to consult with our hearts, leaving our sleep as the hearts favorite time to communicate. I have a journal at my bedside for just such epiphanies. Even the bible makes reference to the wisdom that comes in the night.
Clarity is especially valuable to me. When I have clarity, I have peace, and I think the greatest peace we can know is peace within ourselves. When I do not feel peaceful, I am pretty much a mess. Making decisions without peace leaves me feeling discontent, worried, confused, unsure, uncertain, doubtful, upset, on and on. Since I committed myself to being my Greatest self and living my Greatest life, I do not wish to spend much time in those negative arenas. I am human, I do visit those places, its unavoidable, but I choose not to stay there very long. Because of my intention to be in my Greatness, Clarity appears in my sleep to accelerate the process for me, what a gift.
I am feeling so peaceful tonight, I’d like to rest in it. I want to sit in its chair, nothing else. I want to keep the brain shut off, so it doesn’t muck my peace up. I even wish to leave this blog, just the way it is and where I am, in peace, hoping you strive for peace and it finds you in your dreams too.
But I think it is important to share how I live this thing called life producing the type of peace I desire. I will use a tiny portion of the first few steps from my “10 Steps to Greatness,” journal ( available on the various App stores, Yippee!) I return to these steps constantly whenever trouble comes my way. Working them the first time, takes time. Now I can blow through them pretty quick, getting me back on track quicker. It is so worth the initial effort!
1. Awareness. There must be an acknowledgement that “my life is not peaceful.” In the guide, I offer questions to reveal “why”. We have to ponder why “my life is not peaceful” so that we can reach the root of the situation and patterns can be altered.
2. Belief. Belief is very powerful. We have to believe we can have something before it can come. Some of us struggle to believe because our situation or life choices do not appear as if our desire for peace can be a reality. We have to reveal first before we can heal, so in the guide, I ask us to journal our current belief.
3. Responsibility. We must take responsibility for our life. We must accept that we are the designer, and we have chosen to not have peace. We now take responsibility for creating peace in our lives.
4. Commitment. In order to achieve a goal, we need full commitment. We need to visualize making a contract with peace, shaking peace’s hand, and agreeing to honor peace with grand focused attention and effort.
5. Discover. Here is where the real fun begins. After revealing what we have done to create peacelessness, we tackle how to create peace. I ask us to journal about the before and after of a peaceful me. (In the journal, it is journaling about choices leading to a non-great life, to choices facilitating living in Greatness and what that looks like.)
Just think about it, how could we ever really create these things for ourselves unless we dove in and used the above steps or similar ideologies to really achieve anything. A perfect analogy is digging through a pile of stinky trash, (our old patterns) to find a diamond, (peace) that was lost. The journey is painfully confronting, before it can be joyfully exhilarating, but with relentless pursuit and fierce determination, it can be done.
If I can do it, you can do it! I believe in you, do you believe in you?
Release to Unleash!
Where are you on the Peace scale?
Are you willing to tackle the difficult but gratifying journey to Peace?